NFPA 70E Electrical Safety
Up to 20 students
Student receive NFPA 70E Book & vinyl (hard hat) sticker. Class covers the most current
Standards, Policies and Work Practices. Interactive class with worksheets (LOTO, Human
Performance and final exam). Lessons learned and instructional videos used throughout the class.
To be a “Qualified Electrical Worker”, according to NFPA 70E 110.6(A)(4) new and experienced employees “shall” be trained and retrained “in safety-related work practices and applicable changes in this standard shall be performed at intervals not to exceed 3 years”.
- Updates for 2021 NFPA 70E Code:
- Shock Table Changes
- New Requirement to investigate electrical incidents/accidents
- Changes in emergency response training requirements
- Understanding new “typical fault clearing times of overcurrent protective devices”
- What constitutes an electrical hazard. The nature of electric shock, arc flash, and arc blast.
- Requirements and responsibilities of a “Qualified Person”
- The practical safeguarding of employees during all electrical work activities. Identifying how employees can protect against shock, arc flash and arc blast.
- Conducting electrical inspections. Exposed live circuits, circuit parts and the safety procedures and PPE required to work safely.
- Human Performance Assessment – NEW Biggest reason for Arc Flash! Worksheet
- The electrical PPE types, selection and its intent and its limitations. How to use personal protective equipment. PPE selection, maintenance and testing requirements.
- Clearance distances and approach boundaries.
- What is 1.2 Calories/cm2 and why is that number important to you?
- How/why shock boundaries & arc flash boundaries are not related!
- Clearing time of your protection devices and what it means to you.
- Lock out Tag out regulations. Students develop a lock out plan on a real system.
- Risk assessment and selecting from the “hierarchy of controls”
- Determining hazardous risk categories for common electrical work tasks and conditions.
- Understand & Illustrate the importance of the eight steps to an electrically safe work condition.
- Calculating Available Fault Current.
- How to read Arc Flash Labels and use NFPA 70E Arc Flash Look up tables.
- NFPA 70E equipment label requirements and their limitations.
- Techniques for reducing potential Arc Flash explosive energy.
- Protective grounding and grounding equipment.
- How to safely use test equipment and insulated tools.
- Customer specific forms, procedures or equipment. (Discuss your forms/procedures upon request)
- Various “Tough Lesson’s Learned” videos from workers just like yours.
- “Check knowledge” open book quiz at the end of class.
This course is usually followed by 4 hours on the Crown ERAM Mobile Simulator. Typical schedule is 8-20 students on Day 1 in this classroom – followed by four of those students in the morning on day 2 – four different in the afternoon on day 2 – 4 different students on day 3 etc
Our team is
Ready to help!
Crown ERAM’s experienced engineering team detects any issues and will develop a new design parts to advance current capacity of the system.
With proper maintenance, industrial circuit breakers can last for decades. Crown ERAM’s technicians thoroughly inspect your switchgear with all applicable tests.
We test all varieties, sizes, and types of motors, effective in all electrical fault zones for reliability, quality assurance, trending, or fault-zone diagnosis
We scan your equipment functionality safely and quickly. Our Ultrasound non-destructively detects partial discharge and electrical corona while the Thermographic Survey measures passive infrared radiation without down time.
Crown ERAM provides industry-compliant safety education with documented hands-on on-site and performance-based training that is readily available at any location.
We disassemble the machinery, clean components, and replace worn-out parts. It is then reassembled and re-tested. Our machine shop fabricates replacement parts if necessary.
Fast, efficient, quality work. Happy with the company, would work with them again in the future.
Dependable , knowledgeable staff. Highly Recommended. Problem solvers.
Prompt service and professional results. Used them on several occasions and been extremely satisfied with results.
This is a very professional team of people, and I highly recommend them. Their knowledge and customer surface is top notch.
Excellent service. Extremely knowledgeable. Glad I found this locally owned business. I will use them for any electrical issues in the future. Forget the mega-chains with service trucks that up-sell and over charge. These guys are honest experts!