NFPA 70E HANDS ON ELECTRICAL SAFETY
Crown ERAM Semi-Truck
This typically follows the 8-hour classroom. Students participate in safe operation of electrical equipment including switches, disconnects, LV Breakers, and MV Breakers. PPE (electrical gloves, arc flash gear, etc) is also covered.
According to NFPA 70E 110.6(A)(5) – The employer shall document training in accordance with the following: (1) “when the employee demonstrates proficiency in the work practices”. This Mobile Simulator is basically an industrial motor room that we can bring out to your faculty and conduct training in a safe/controlled environment.
- Low and Medium Voltage classes of breakers.
- Breaker systems and subsystems and how they fail.
- How to maintain a breaker. Lubrication technology & Insulation failures.
- Breaker Testing: Megger, DLRO, Primary and Secondary Trip testing.
- Interlocks and why you should not defeat them.
- The three ways to trip a breaker.
- Task Specific Training. How to protect yourself. Safe Work Habits.
- Students will dress in 40 Calorie Flash Suit and “Rack out” breakers.
- Safe body position while operating electrical equipment.
- Use of Personal Grounds & Hot Sticks
- Interlocks – Passive and Active.
- Physiological effects of performing high-risk tasks and “suiting up”
Students will operate various pieces of electrical apparatus:
- Disconnect Switches & Motor Control Center – (GE 7700 line)
- Molded Case Breakers. Insulated Case Breakers. Metal enclosed breakers.
- Load Break Switch (GE)
- 480 V Breakers
- 600amp (GE) AK & AKR
- 1600-amp (Allis Chalmers) LA 50 Amp & LA 1600
- 1600-amp (Westinghouse) DB-50 & DS 416
- Medium Voltage Breakers
- 4.16 kV circuit breaker (Westinghouse DH) solenoid operated mechanism
- 5kV circuit breaker (GE Magneblast) – “Working Elevator to raise 1000 lb. breaker”
- 5kV ABB Vacuum Breaker
- 5kV Westinghouse Ampgard Starter AKA “The Widow-maker”
- Pringle Switch – Used on Cranes and building disconnects
- Vacuum Bottle technology& Electro-Mechanical Relay demonstration
- Displays and explanation of Carbon Tracking, Thermal destruction and insulation failure
- Stored Energy – Manual and electric motor charging methods
- Solenoid operated breakers
(Semi-truck requires 240 Volt single phase 60 Amp service or can run on generator for an additional charge) The duration of the course depends on student participation. Four-hour course only allows time for 1 student to operate each piece of equipment. 8-hour course allows for every student to operate every piece of equipment.
Our team is
Ready to help!
Crown ERAM’s experienced engineering team detects any issues and will develop a new design parts to advance current capacity of the system.
With proper maintenance, industrial circuit breakers can last for decades. Crown ERAM’s technicians thoroughly inspect your switchgear with all applicable tests.
We test all varieties, sizes, and types of motors, effective in all electrical fault zones for reliability, quality assurance, trending, or fault-zone diagnosis
We scan your equipment functionality safely and quickly. Our Ultrasound non-destructively detects partial discharge and electrical corona while the Thermographic Survey measures passive infrared radiation without down time.
Crown ERAM provides industry-compliant safety education with documented hands-on on-site and performance-based training that is readily available at any location.
We disassemble the machinery, clean components, and replace worn-out parts. It is then reassembled and re-tested. Our machine shop fabricates replacement parts if necessary.
Fast, efficient, quality work. Happy with the company, would work with them again in the future.
Dependable , knowledgeable staff. Highly Recommended. Problem solvers.
Prompt service and professional results. Used them on several occasions and been extremely satisfied with results.
This is a very professional team of people, and I highly recommend them. Their knowledge and customer surface is top notch.
Excellent service. Extremely knowledgeable. Glad I found this locally owned business. I will use them for any electrical issues in the future. Forget the mega-chains with service trucks that up-sell and over charge. These guys are honest experts!